While it isn’t a holiday here in Canada, it is hard to miss the fact that while I sit in my office, just south of us, Thanksgiving is taking place right now.
And, being as I wasn’t doing this little blog thing on our Thanksgiving back in October, I will appropriate an American holiday as an excuse to list the things I am thankful for, right now.
- My family. All of them. My husband, my mother, my brother and sister in law. My step-son. My cousins and my Aunts and Uncle (just the one uncle, yes, my family is teeny.) I often read, or hear about, crazy family drama from my friends or online, and I really should let my family know more often how much I appreciate how great and easy-going they really are.
- My job. I work for lovely, ethical people. My daily environment is relaxed and respectful. My hours are completely civilized. And let me tell you, having worked in television for years previously I do not take those things for granted.
- My upcoming move. Being in a position to buy our new condo, which seemed like a dream just a couple years ago, is something that makes me monumentally happy and more relaxed about the future.
- My friends. They are the best, they really are.
- My online community. Actually, scratch this one. They too are my friends and belong up there with #4. I shouldn’t have differentiated.
- My health. Cliche or not, it’s true. If you have your health you have everything. Just ask someone who doesn’t.
That’s it. Everything else (yes, honey, even my beloved iPad) may make my life easier and better in certain ways, but all my possessions pale in comparison to the list above.
What are you thankful for today? Take a moment and really think about who or what deserves your thanks today.